Here you will find summary of the most common ophthalmologic therapies. I will be pleased to give you detailed information at the clinic concerning indication, execution, benefit, risks and cost of these therapies.
Ametropia (defective vision):
In case of defective vision eyeglasses, contact lenses or refractive surgery is indicated.
I will be pleased to match the perfect personal contact lenses for your eyes; either soft or dimensionally stable (rigid gas permeable). The manufacture process and delivery of the contact lenses to the clinic including the care products you need only takes 3-6 days.
Eye drop therapy:
Some eye diseases can be treated by applying medical eye drops after precise diagnosis. In some cases additional oral medication is necessary.
The spectrum of diseases includes infections, inflammations, increased eye pressure (glaucoma), ocular surface disease.
Intravitreal medication is carried out by injection into the eye under local anaesthesia at sterile conditions. Intravitreal medication is the therapy chosen in cases of exudative macular degeneration (CNV), diabetic macular oedema (DMO), inflammation inside the eye and diseased retinal blood vessels. Respective indication is provided by the OCT examination. Monthly OCT follow-up examinations show the success of the therapy and provide indications for further therapy, if necessary.
Laser treatment is applied:
- to the cornea for refractive correction of defective vision (excimer-laser)
- to the pigment cells to decrease intraocular pressure (SLT laser)
- to the iris in cases of angle-closure glaucoma (Nd:YAG laser)
- to the lens capsule in cases of secondary cataract (Neodym-YAG laser)
- to the retina in cases of diabetic or structural retina defects (argon laser)
- Eyelids: Upper eyelid lifting, malposition of the eyelid (entropion or ectropion), removal of so-called new formations
- Glaucoma surgery (only in cases where the targeted pressure cannot be achieved by drop therapy)
- Cataract surgery (carried out under local anaesthesia at the day clinic)
- Retina surgery – in cases of retinal detachment or diseases of the vitreous body involving the retina